Friday, January 28, 2011

So here's what I know:

I've made a weird little study guide to help me with my EU final in an hour. Here's what I know:

In 1951- a Big Friggin Giant Invaded Little Netherlands (Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxemburg & Netherlands formed EU)
In 1973- everyone was getting DUIs (Denmark, UK, Ireland joined)
In 1981- Greece came along (81G, AIG)
In 1986- Spain/Portugal (no helper thing for this one)
In 1995- I would have said Eeeeeek! A Furry Spider! (Austria, Finland, Sweden joined)
In 2004- CCR EST HUGARY for Lil' LATkas and MALted milkballs.PS: pSyche! (Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Maltha, Poland, Slovak Republic, and Slovenia joined)
2007- Romania and Bulgaria finally got on the bandwagon.

EU Treaties: RoMAN-L
Treaty of Rome- Esatblished EWG and EAG
Treaty of Maastricht- "EU" as we know it, is born
Treaty of Amsterdam- vague things were done
Treaty of Nizza- reform and prep for eastern expansion
Treaty of Lissabon- defines modern EU, but not a constitution. Gives a common set of rules

Pres of ERat- Rumpoy (Neth)
Pres of Parliament- Polish guy... Jerzy Buzak
Head of Ministerrat-Hungary
Pres of Kommision- Portugal... Jose Barroso

Founders of EU: Joe Montana, Regina Spektor, Portland Hates Squares, and AnDy Griffith
AKA Jean Monnet, Robert Schuman, Paul Henri Spaak, Alcidi de Gasperi


BRING IT ON! I'm so ready to ace this test and get back to my paper. Which will be difficult, as it is gorgeous outside. Arctic, but gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment