Sunday, January 23, 2011

Three more weeks!

Hey kids-

It's another Sunday night, so naturally I'm doing anything I possibly can other than read for my history paper, lol.
This weekend was mixed, but it included bowling, so I'll claim it as a positive experience. ;)
Friday my EU class went to Strasbourg, where the Americans and Brits spend most of the day making French jokes and playing with the fancy microphones that were in front of us. I'm not entirely sure how much this trip will help us on our final this Friday, but it was fun, so mehhhh.
Saturday the (future) roommates and I missed out on going to a football game, but went instead to town to watch it at a bar. I got delicious schnitzel and pretended to care about the games at hand, haha. Later that night we formed a group of 8 and went down to the bowling ally (just across the pond, actually!) and bowled from 12:00-3:00am for 99 cents a game. Scoooore! Unfortunately, it was not a smoke free place, so all of my clothes smell wretched now. I was the only one that didn't drink, and yet they all kicked my butt at bowling. Explain that to me! :P
Today I rested, read, and went to the gym; nothing too exiting. Oh wait! I also applied to Ducks Village as an office assistant and I really hope I get it. I mean, how awesome would it be to 1) have a respectable office job that was 2) right where I lived? :D I made a killer cover letter on the spot and edited my resume to make it look more relevant. Wish me luck!

PS- Full disclosure on the subject of a future tattoo. Yes, I am going to get one when I get home and am financially able, and yes, I have been thinking about it seriously for about a year now. I've researched tattoo artists and High Priestess (the most respectable tattoo artists in Oregon) and have chosen a man named Nick Porter. I am getting the Made in Oregon sign from downtown Portland tattooed onto my right upper-arm. Why? Because the only thing I love more than my family and friends is my homeland. I feel a deep connection to where I come from, and I want to build my life here. No matter where I go or what I'm doing, a piece of my heart is always in Oregon. Yes, I will cover it up in job interviews, and no, I am not less of a good person for getting one. Tattoos do not reflect the character of a person, only their interests. Here's the sign and the tattoo on somebody else's arm:


And here are some pictures from this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment