Thursday, February 17, 2011

On being back.

I landed in PDX not only on time, but a merciful 20 minutes early! I sat next to the perfect people all the way home. Either they were dead to the world or they were pleasant and polite. I took codine and slept through most of my 11 hour flight, and the best part? When I wasn't sleeping, I was eating- and vice versa. Hahaha, that's my type of flight right there!
In texas, I ordered some mexican food and Cat and I watched Glee until our plane was ready to board.
By some act of God, Mom and I found her car and I made it with all of my bags without collapsing, haha. We checked into our awesome hotel room and then headed to the Roxy for really, really delicious burgers. I passed out around 10 while watching the Grammy's. (Did anyone else watch them? Talk about awesome performances, damn!)
The next morning, Mama and I headed South. I got a cell phone and two pairs of pants in Woodburn, and a haircut in Eugene. But. The best thing I got that day was my nephew! What a gorgeous specimen. He is so happy and mellow, even I'm not scared to hold him, and that says something! =]
Roseburg was a baby-filled blur. It was definitely the best first few days back in the US I could have had. Last night I drove back up to Eugene in terrible weather. Most of the time, my visibility was about 10 meters. :\ I set up my laptop, put on some tunes, and spent the next two hours moving in. All of my stuff is put away and I got my bed set up. I'm home! I still need to go grocery shopping, but other than that, I'm good to go.
Last night a few friends came over. I had the most epic hug with my boyfrann, Topher. We sprinted towards each other and then I jumped into his arms like in the movies, hahaha. Terrifying, but epic.

Laughable mistake I made yesterday? I forgot my electric blanket (although I do have the cords for it lol) and my comforter. Yeahhh, my sorry butt froze last night.

TIME TO GO HUNT AND GATHER. I HUNGER.

No comments:

Post a Comment