Saturday, February 12, 2011

Wow, it's here.

It is Saturday morning at 10 am and I just woke up from my last night in this bedroom.
These last three weeks have flown by, and the best part is, I didn't even try. I never really felt that panic of "oh no! I don't want to go home!" or "oh no! i need more time!" but on the other hand, I also wasn't crawling out of my skin and freaking out that there was STILL 10 days left.

My room's all naked now, and just as I had suspected, it took about half an hour to pack, lol. I'm taking a night train tonight from 11pm-4am. From there, I'll hang out at the airport by myself until 8:10 am, meet up with Cat and her sister, check in and try to sit together on the plane, and then I'm hoping I can pass out somewhere until 10:00.

Today, we're FINALLY exploring a distant hill that I've had my eye on for months. Yesterday, I figured out how to get there after a 3 hour hike, and today, we're going! At the top of this lovely hill, I found out via googlemaps that there is a jesuit castle/monestary thing. Maybe we'll hike to the top, maybe we'll just enjoy the beauty of a small town surrounded by grassy fields. Can't wait! After that, we're meeting up with the test-takers, buying a few drinks, and laying out by our lake one last time. (It's sunny here, suckahs!) I'm hoping someone will feed me dinner, and tonight we'll probably play cards and chill like we usually do, lol. I hate saying goodbye, so I genuinely hope no one takes me to the train station.

I am really happy to be coming home. Freiburg might not have been everything I had hoped or wanted, but I think it was everything I needed. I really had to challenge myself to survive, and I had to take control of my own happiness, which is a difficult task we all have, but most don't choose to do it. I'm hoping that I can see these changes when I go back, and use them to help e do better in school, with friends, and find a job. We'll see!

Mama's picking me up at the airport, despite poor decisions on my behalf, so for that I am so, so grateful. I was hoping to dress up for the flight, since I hate how sloppy most people are these days, but the truth is, I'll be wearing the same clothing from 40 minutes from now, until 42 hours from now. Soooo... no. I'ma took homeless, haha. From there, we'll check into a hotel in downtown Portland, and walk to The Roxy, which is a deliciously greasy diner owned by a drag queen. The next day it's a slow journey south filled with shopping, a haircut and tattoo appointment, and setting up my apartment. Most importantly, I'm excited to spend a few days in Roseburg and SEEING MY GORGEOUS NEPHEW. Thursday is the Elton John concert, and from there it's time to start job hunting.

So much life! I'm a happy girl. Wish me luck on my crazy next 48 hours :-S

No comments:

Post a Comment