Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I feel like such a boss!

(Slang translation: I feel awesome/unstoppable/badass etc)

How I love the first of the month! Finally, I get to feel like a real person and buy real food and purchase legitimate clothing for below-freezing weather! =)

Today started out "early" (read: 8:30). I decided to get up early enough to shower, which is a new thing on Wednesdays, lol, and wow; it really makes all the difference in the world when it comes to alertness and attention span. Class was actually really cool today- someone delivered a short presentation, the teacher talked about a movie called Persepolis, and then we watched most of it. I'm hooked; I must see the rest soon!

After class, it was time to SHOP. I first went to Karstadt, which is a high-end Macy's to find gloves and a beanie, and was assaulted by their prices. The cheapest pair of gloves I could find was 12.50; the highest was 50. :\ I then limped over to the New Yorker, which is a trendy young adult store, and bought a warm flannel shirt and a hoodie which was on clearance- SCORE! lol
Then it was off to find boots. This took many shops because 1) I'm cheap 2) I'm genderqueer.

(Slang translation: I don't fit in to either gender. In this case, I'm referring to snow boots- feminine snow boots look ridiculous on me, and fat man boots look even worse.)

I finally settled on a pretty unisex pair of shoes, which were also on clearance. On my way back, I stopped by a book store and purchased two Christmas Yankee candles and a ticket to tomorrow night's Puccini opera, Tosca. I am ecstatic about this! There was only one ticket left and I got it, 15 rows back, directly in the middle. Wooooo

In the last hour I've started my laundry and made Shepherd's Pie. It looks ugly, but I know it'll taste delicious, haha.



Tonight: Consume dinner, finish laundry, attend a make-up class (read: it's happening tonight instead of Friday at noon), deep clean my room, make a pile of stuff to get rid of, and perhaps write some letters while listening to Christmas music.

Oh yeah, did I mention: it snowed again about two hours ago!


Me, heading out to the grocery store in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment