Sunday, October 24, 2010

Demonstrationen!

(Protests!)

Yesterday, I was bored so I decided to hop a random tram and see where it would take me. As it turned out, it took me nowhere magical, but what I did learn from it, was that there was a "Demonstration" (<-- See, German isn't that hard to learn!) in the inner-city, which might cause our trams to be slightly delayed.
So I went a'huntin'. I went to the inner-city and looked long and hard for those protesters, but alas, they were playing hard-to-get.
I read this morning that they were protesting against using nuclear energy in Baden-Württemberg.


There were also "Demonstrationen" in Offenburg, a city about 60 km North. These protests were against Neo-Nazis. I read that there were about 100 Nazis and about 500 protesters. These demonstrations happen all the time in Germany. I really don't understand the situation; maybe I'll get to talk to a German about it sometime soon.


Plans today?
- Shower, clean room
- "Cleaning party" with my floor (THANK GOD)
- Go to carnival, even if it's by myself
- Eat leftovers, watch Hocus Pocus and play cards with my girls.

THE END!

1 comment:

  1. Hallo Beth,
    Ich habe du letzte Woche ein Email auf deinem hotmail adressieren geschicken. Ich von dir nicht gehören. Kannst du hotmail emails zugang, oder bist du zu beschäftigt, Spaß zu haben?

    Onkel Brad (O.B)

    ReplyDelete