Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Wanna get out of town?"

"Duh! When?"
"Now?"
"Let's go."

That was basically the conversation that lead to Zach, Cat, and I venturing off to Titisee, a small village about 40 minutes outside of Freiburg. Zach and I had just gotten out of our EU class at noon, and by 2pm, we were on the train with Cat in tow.
The ride was BEAUTIFUL. I forget how much I hate urban life until I get out of it. We started out seeing huge fields with cows and small farms, then we got into the mountains, where it looked EXACTLY like Oregon, and then, finally, higher elevations with small villages covered in a very thin layer of snow.
We arrived in Titisee exactly as scheduled (gotta love the Deutsche Bahn) and meandered through the streets, looking for a hiking path. Naturally, we found one in minutes (Germany is COVERED in walking/hiking trails) and yeahhh. Pictures can say more than words:





No comments:

Post a Comment