Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hello, Thursday

A pretty morning- FINALLY

Freiburg has looked semi-apocolyptic the last week and a half; nothing but thick dark clouds and light rain. Gross. Maybe today will be better?


I'm starting the day with half a liter of water (the only good use for glasses this big) because I forgot to drink any in the last 2-3 days, and my body is rejecting me. I've got class at 10, and today's class is a babyclass. A class made with international students in mind. Cake.
Yesterday I had one of those as well. (Note: they're called DAF classes; Deutsch als Fremdsprache [German as a second language].) Yesterday's class was about Germany from the perspective of immigrants. I've taken a class similar to this, but I"m interested in seeing it taught from the German perspective, because, as you may or may not know, Germans are fairly racist as a whole. My class focused on blacks, jews, romas, asians, and turks, just to name a few undesirable groups.
I found yesterday's class to be incredibly easy. I think we have to participate and at the end write a 5 page paper. Ha! I write 5 page german papers in my sleep! lol I'm kidding of course, but these DAF classes will cause me no anxiety, I can tell you that. Another interesting thing was the background of my class. About a 1/3 of us came from US or Britian, 1/3 from South Korea, and then 1/3 miscellaneous (Poland, Slovakia, Italia, Romania etc.)
Today's class is German history, society, and culture. With a name like that, you know it's basically gonna be a gimme. Wayy too broad to be difficult. I may be dropping this class for a biology class, but we'll see.


The view outside my window. Not spectacular from the first floor. Also, note the huge CAT in the corner. lol
UGHHH. It is shortly after 8 and they are already "up and at it" outside. Just pounding and drilling away! Ugh again.

No comments:

Post a Comment