Friday, October 29, 2010

In my room



Sorry for not posting and not getting back to you guys! I've been slightly under the weather and school's actually becoming this weird new reality that I have to adjust to.
It's Friday night and all my friends are in my kitchen playing Beer Pong but I just can't muster the interest. Usually I have enough energy to fake it, but tonight, the week is taking its toll on me.

Classes are fine- not much to say about them. All my reading is in English this week for my history class, so I'm happy about that. And! I met a girl who lived in Portland for 5 years who is also in that class, and she told me not to worry; most of what the other people are saying is complete BS because they don't understand the English readings. Ha!

New friends? Not this week. I'll keep trying though!

New experiences this week- I tried a to-die-for baked good. I went hiking and got COMPLETELY lost with Zach. I went to the Modern Art Museum of Freiburg with Chris. I went to a lesbian group and survived an all-German environment completely on my own. I joined a gym! I went to said gym and chicken'ed out of the group shower. *Shudder*


Overall, I'm very happy here. It's been sunny for the last few days and that helps immensely. I wake up smiling now, and that's a really nice change. I'm not 100% on the one semester or two semester decision, but I'm just "giving it up to God" and just seeing where this journey takes me.

This weekend-
Tomorrow, I may go to the theater and see an opera (Hansel & Grettle). Probably gonna be a day of reading and relaxing because tomorrow night is partynight and concert night and whatever other types of mischief we can find. None of that matters to me because SUNDAY is the day of days- Halloween. At Europa Park! Wooo! Roller Coasters all day, dancing all night.

This is a shameless plea for some snail mail. (I promise to be a good pen pal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment