Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday already?

Hello all!
Somehow this week has gone by, though I have nothing to show for it. With no money and no idea what this city has to offer (for free), I expected this week to drag. However, with a little help from my friends, we muddled through.
What's new? What's new?
Well, the annual "Herbstmesse" or "fall fair" has come to town and much to my dismay, I still haven't made it out there. At the Herbstmesse, one will find huge rollercoasters and other obligatory fair rides, live music, beer tent after beer tent, and booths selling gingerbread hearts and foot-long brats. I. Can't. Wait. Our excuse for not having gone yet? As much as we'd all like to deny it, we're scared of venturing off into the unknown and we're all more-or-less homebodies.
Although I don't feel the feelings of love and friendship for Freiburg that I have for Eugene, I see it more as a sibling relationship: Freiburg may like me, may even want me around, but it will still trip me on my way to class and make me feel crappy. I, in return, will try to find out all its secrets and tell everyone I know, and eventually, I will triumph. In the end, I think we'll both look back with fondness.
In other news...

School starts tomorrow!
My first and only class of the day is an American history class at 6pm. It's about one of my favorite eras- 1930s-1940s. So much was happening at the time! I can't wait to see how it's taught from a different cultural perspective.

Ok, that's all for now! Let me know who's actually reading this- comment your name. (The link is directly below this post; it's a pencil.)

No comments:

Post a Comment