Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A hike with Zach

I've been absolutely itching to get out of the grime and noise of the big city and go hiking, and my friend Zach, who has lived in Freiburg previously, came to my rescue. We hopped a tram, crossed a busy street, went up some steps, and within minutes, we were out of sight of the city.
I'll admit, I've done a lot of two things since arriving in Tübingen over a month ago: eating and not moving, so today's hike was a wake up call for my body, haha. He first took me up to a tower overlooking the city, and then we trotted off on any trail that looked interesting; no destination, no route. I think we were gone for a little over four hours. We ended up on a mountaintop where a small restaurant, church, and playground lay tucked away, forgotten by time. If I read the church wall correctly, it was first made in the seventh century. No big deal.
On our way back through town we ran into Minnisota, and decided to have dinner at my place. I made 1000 grams of Kässpätzle, which, for you non-metric users, is a crapton of noodles. My plan is to live off of it for the next 3-4 days. Being poor is fun! =]
I forced Let The Right One In upon them, and of course, they loved it. But! Much to my horror, I found out they're making a re-make of that film (which comes from Sweden) and Americanizing it. This basically translates to: stripping down all of the complex issues and emotions in the film, taking out all the graphic murders, killing the backstory, simplifying the script, and Hannah Montana-fying the main character. Gross.





No comments:

Post a Comment